Sunday, July 5, 2015

And so it started.....

I got "sick" in February 2015. I call it sick even though it's not really a sickness, because I have no other way to explain it, and "sick" is the word I feel best describes it. I was diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia in March 2015; It's not an injury , it's a congenital condition that can go un-diagnosed or non symptomatic for years. But eventually it acts up, and from there it progresses fairly quickly. My symptoms became rather "loud" beginning in February. Sure I had some hip pain and lower back pain before that, but not enough to warrant a doctor's visit or a decline in
activity. Beginning February 2015, I found myself progressively getting worse. I was heavy into crossfit and training daily at a competitive boxI was at the top of my game, had lost a lot of weight and inches, and was feeling amazing.  



And then it started happening.I couldn't back squat without severe pain in my lower back, which was actually my hip.I went to chiropractors, I went to physical therapy, and I decreased activity, slowly giving up more and more moves in crossift.But despite the therapy, treatments, and modifications, I wasn't getting any better. In fact I was getting worse, and quickly.I found myself unable to walk without a limp and was in constant pain on a daily basis. And so, I went in to see an orthopedist and heard the words "hip dysplasia" for the very first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment