Monday, July 6, 2015

The struggle is real...


Post PAO surgery day 11
How to shave your legs after a PAO...? Geez I haven't seen my legs this hairy since I was 12 yrs old. Can't quite figure out what to do. I think this is one thing I need to not ask my husband to do. He's seen enough, done enough, and is still attracted to me - or so he claims.. Haha. Some things need to stay private even in a 15 year marriage.
So... I'm growing monster brows above my eyes, am in desperate need of a mani pedi, and I feel like dog shit.
Taking a shower is a huge ordeal these days. It requires moving my commode (yes I do have one) into the shower (I didn't buy a shower chair cuz I couldn't stand any extra nursing home gear in my life and figured we could multi task with the commode), and slowly lowering myself to it, while my husband holds my op leg for me since I'm not allowed to lift it myself and can not break a 90 degree angle to lift it with my arms. Once I'm in and my husband lowers my leg in with me, I then have to use my good leg to scoot myself with the commode back further into the shower.
After that alone I'm exhausted, and then I still have to wash my entire body with only the use of one leg, one hip, a broken pelvis, and an upper body that must stay upright.
Good Lord this is fun isn't it?! So anyway, in the hospital, you have to have a few sessions with the PT and the OT in order to assure you can be mobile enough to take care of yourself when you are home. One of the things they encourage you to buy is the grabber. Since I am not allowed to bend more than 90 degrees (that's sitting straight up with no bend), I need these little toys to pick things up, such as my pants when they fall down (I've come out of the bathroom quite a few times with no pants on, because.. well they slipped down too low on my legs and the only thing I could do was leave them behind. It's quite a site let me tell you :))
Anyway, in an effort to feel human again, I would really really like to shave my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment