Sunday, July 5, 2015

Post op day 6


I'm starting to feel the depression sink in. Luckily I'm on enough meds to mask most of it. I still need assistance getting in and out of bed since I'm not allowed to lift the opted leg yet, and of course assistance dressing and showering since I can't bend and can't break the 90 degree angle rule of sitting. It's tough. I'm not gonna lie. The pain is still constant and it feels very disabling. I just have to keep positive and take my pain meds and let ppl help me. There are times when I want to shut down and not let anyone visit or talk to me, but I know that's depression talking. The more u shut down the worse it gets. U gotta let ppl in, let yourself cry, and keep telling yourself it's temporary and your body is healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment