Sunday, July 5, 2015

I know its not cancer...



 I know it's only temporary for the most part, and I am so thankful for that. But going thru this can feel like a terrible illness. It can be really isolating. And it can be extremely painful. It takes over your life, and it feels like everything was taken from you. And no one gets it. They try to, but they can't. It's impossible to get it unless you have it. Finding the PAO support group  (PAO is abbreviated name for surgery we need) on Facebook was a life savor. I finally had people who understood me, who could support me, and who can advise me.  It was through this group and through a friend I met through a mutual friend, that I got to the right doctors and was able to make the right decisions for my treatment. This whole year feels like a fog to me. I got "sick" in February and since then everything is a blur. I feel like last summer was only a couple of months ago, because since February, my whole life came to a halt. Everything was about doctors, research into treatment methods, learning about my condition, and seeing how much pain I could withstand each day. It took me 5 consults with orthopedic surgeons, and until the end of May to make my treatment decision, and my first surgery was June 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment